What is EMF?
Every electrical and electronic device in your life, including cell phones, laptops, and microwaves, emits electromagnetic fields (EMF) that surround you. EMF is a special concern during pregnancy because a woman’s body cannot provide good EMF protection for a baby in the womb. Cell phones and pregnancy are a special concern for many women.
- Much manmade EMF easily penetrates body tissues, whether you’re pregnant or not
- Some research now indicates that EMF could affect living reproduction cells*
- Some new experimental evidence shows that EMF can affect DNA*
- EMF exposure may have biological effects during pregnancy*
- More and more research continues to point to EMF as a pollutant*
* View recent research on electromagnetic fields (EMF) and pregnancy
Some daily sources of manmade EMF pollution:
- Cell phones, Blackberries, iPhones, iPods, Bluetooth, and wireless chargers
- Laptops, tablets, other computers, and computer screens
- TVs, microwave ovens, and other household appliances
- Air conditioning motors and fans
- Hair dryers and curling irons
- Electric blankets
- Electric wiring and outlets in the home
- Outdoor overhead and underground electrical wiring
- Microwave transmission towers
- Medical devices
- Electric cars, trains, trams, and subways
EMF found in homes is thousands of times greater than that found in nature. (See the chart below for a visual approximation.) Homes have about 1,000 to 100,000 times more EMF than exists in nature, so a pregnant woman living in a typical home unintentionally exposes her unborn baby to unnatural levels of EMF contamination.
Comparison of Earth's natural EMF strength vs. that found in residential homes:
Use of cell phone and pregnancy: EMF protection during pregnancy
For an expecting mother concerned about EMF pollution reaching her unborn baby, today there's a fabric that helps reduce exposure to EMF.
This fabric, used in Protec's maternity clothing, was recently developed by scientists and physicians in the United States and Europe.
How does EMF-reducing maternity clothing work?
When a pregnant woman is wearing one of Protec's maternity tops, the special fabric shielding her baby absorbs and reflects away much of the EMF, helping to decrease EMF energy to the fetus. (See the illustration at the top of the sidebar for a visual approximation.)
Protec's EMF-reducing maternity tops offer this protection, but not at the cost of comfort or fashion: our comfortable maternity tank tops can be worn as a layer under other maternity clothes or worn alone for 24/7 protection, and our maternity wrap tops are graceful and pretty.
Note: these statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Statements are not intended to constitute professional advice for treatment of any disease but are for educational purposes. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease.